GMAT is a computer based standardized test, started in 1953 by the Graduate Management Admission Council. The duration of the test is of 3 and half hours and with sectional breaks it is 4 hours. The score range is from 200 to 800. The test measures the quantitative and verbal sections. Apart from this it also measures the Analytical Writing Analysis and Integrated Reasoning skills of an individual, but the performance in these two sections will not be counted in the score. This test is one of the important selection criteria for admission into several business schools, worldwide and for several programs like Master’s in Finance, Accountancy, Management Information Systems etc;
- The Test fee is $250.
- Website: mba.com
- The test can be taken up to 5 times in an year. There should be a minimum gap of 16 days between each attempt.
- The Score is valid for a period of 5 years.
- Five test score recipients (Universities where the candidate wish to send the score free of cost) can be added at the end of the test on the date of the examination.
- In order to send the additional score report, the student need to pay $28 per each University.
- Student can opt for cancellation or acceptance of the test score depending up on the performance.
Recently a change has been done with regards to this – Student can reinstate the cancelled score within 60 days, if he or she find that the cancelled score is suitable to apply to the university of their choice. Earlier Universities came to know about the cancelled score in the final report, but now Universities will not come to know about the multiple attempts.